2lb Double O Farms Dry Aged Ground Beef
1 Sleeve Ritz Crackers Smashed
1 Onion Finely Chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Combine ground beef, crackers, egg, onion, salt and pepper into a large mixing bowl.
- Mix well until all ingredients are evenly distributed. Honestly, washing your hands and mixing together with your hands seems to be the easiest and most effective way!
- Form meatballs with your hands somewhere between the size of a golf ball and a baseball.
- Place in 9×13 pan. I’ve spaced the meatballs and have also had them touching and both methods work well.
- Spread generous amount of sauce over the meatballs.
- Place in oven and bake at 350 for one hour. Make sure the internal temperature of meatballs is at least 165 degrees before removing from oven.
For the sauce:
- Mix together ketchup and brown sugar. I do a 2:1 ratio with two parts ketchup and 1 part brown sugar.
- Mix together with spoon until brown sugar is dissolved and desired flavor is achieved.
- If the meatballs mix is gooey and doesn’t form solid meatballs, add some more crackers.
- If the meatball mix is dry and falling apart, add another egg.
- This recipe is easily doubled and tripled to make several pans of meatballs. Add sauce and cover then freeze meatballs raw. They thaw and bake up really well to eat later.
don’t miss out
BE THE FIRST TO KNOW
Dropping in with beef specials, recipes, and life minus the junk mail because no one likes getting that, am I right?